Put simply, Party Squasher counts the number of mobile devices in your home. If you're wondering why the numbers don't exactly match the number of people in your house, don't worry... it's because Party Squasher uses Wi-Fi sensing technology and smart detection algorithms to estimate the number of mobile devices (not people).
Our goal is not to precisely count the number of people in an area, but rather to detect significant spikes in the number of mobile devices- without compromising guest privacy.
Please keep the following in mind:
- Some guests have multiple phones / devices
- Other guests (kids) might not have a phone
- Certain laptop brands may be counted as a mobile device
- Devices may be in sleep mode when not being used, so they emit a signal less frequently at night, for example.
- If the Party Squasher is unplugged or your Wi-Fi goes down, it cannot do it's job anymore. For this reason, we alert you if your Party Squasher device can no longer communicate with our servers.